Metamechanics Fan Art Event

edited February 2016 in Events
The winner is:

jp199

Rules

1. Make the most interesting Metamechanic image you can imagine. Awesome, crazy, realistic, silly, mashup or original--it's all good.
2. Post to this thread.
3. Deadline: Monday 9am PST January 25, 2016
4. A small set of the best entries will be selected by the Free Range Games art team, then we will have voting for players choice.
5. Prize: The number 1 players choice will receive 1 Dinosaur pre-con deck, 5 Basic booster packs, and 1 Legendary chest for Solforge, generously donated by our partner Stone Blade Entertainment, AND 1 alpha key for Labyrinth.
6. We might have to adjust the rules to improve the event. Check back here.

[EDIT]
7. Players choice voting will end Monday 11am PST February 1, 2016

Background

“Metamechanics” is the catch-all name for the construct servants that the Engineers use to communicate, conduct trade, guard their homes, and enforce their will. They are autonomous beings, part machine and part magic. The Engineers’ understanding of the earthly realm is such that each Metamechanic’s inner workings transcend natural, rational, physical laws.

Metamechanics take a wide variety of forms, but they are nearly always humanoid in some sense, for the Engineers in their isolation desire companions as much as servants. As the mood in the City of Starfall grows hostile, more and more the Engineers exercise their arts to craft guardians, soldiers, and machines of war.

Inspiration

Have fun!
Post edited by Oracle on

Comments

• Just out of interest, are comments hidden, or is there really no participants? I would, if I could draw better.
  • No entrants yet. A few people have mentioned in private chat that they might work on something. No one is a professional artist. That isn't required. Any submission will be fun! :smile:
  • This one resembles 0.00% of how I imagined it to turn out.
    I did have fun making it. I hope at least it inspires others to do better ;)

• @Sazanami : +1 ... Would put that in my Labyrinth!
  • edited February 2016
    Dont know if it's this that you wanted but I hope you guy's like it. .P
    Sorry guy's i don't know what happenned
    Post edited by Oracle on
  • Looks badass to me!
    Glad to see some competition :)
  • From the archives of metamechanical history, I present you with metamechanics through the ages!

An Ancient Metamechanic

A Primitive Metamechanic

A Modern Metamechanic
  • Submissions are now closed.
  • edited February 2016
    [EDIT] Fan art judging has now ended. The winner is jp199.

Here's another metamechanic concept for your enjoyment!

Post edited by Oracle on
  • edited February 2016
    Fan art judging has now ended. The winner is jp199.

Post edited by Oracle on